A hot grill is the key to success here - crisp bacon and a succulent scallop. A classic that everyone should try
• Prep time: 40 minutes
• Cook time: 6-8 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 24 Scallops
• 8 tbsp olive oil
• 4 tbsp lemon juice
• 12 thin slices streaky bacon
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp clear honey
• 2 tsp chopped caper
• 4 tbsp chopped parsley
• 1 head curly endive
- Wash and dry the scallops and put them in a bowl. Mix 2 tbsp of the olive oil and 2 tbsp of the lemon juice in a bowl with a little salt and pepper, then pour over the scallops. Leave for 15 mins, until the scallops have turned white.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half across and wrap around a scallop. Secure with cocktail sticks.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice with the mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk in the remaining 6 tbsp olive oil until the dressing is thick, then stir in the capers and parsley. Divide the curly endive between 8 serving plates.
- Preheat a grill to hot. Lay the scallops in one layer over a lined grill pan. Grill the scallops for 3-4 mins each side, until the bacon is crisp and golden. Put three scallops on each plate and spoon over the dressing.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5055/warm-salad-of-scallops-and-bacon