This Easy Baked Chicken Recipe is one of my family’s all-time favorite dinners! Bone-in and skin-on breasts (or thighs!) are marinated in a citrusy, garlicky glaze then baked in the oven. You’re going to love this simple baked chicken that can be used in so many ways.
This recipe has a simple, flavor-packed chicken marinade that honestly does most of the work for you. Let the chicken breasts or thighs soak up the marinade, then pop them in a baking dish, put them in the oven, and then walk away for 45 minutes. No need to stand over the stove, or fuss over a complicated recipe. Pour yourself a glass of wine and kick your feet up while your oven makes the best baked chicken of your life.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 55 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp paprika
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• juice from 1 lemon
• 1 tsp black pepper
• juice from 1 orange
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
• 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
• salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
• 1.5 lbs chicken breasts and / or thighs (bone-in and skin on)
- Mix together all ingredients besides chicken. Place chicken in a bowl or large ziplock bag and add marinade.
- Add marinade to chicken and toss to coat. Cover bowl or seal ziplock bag and place in fridge to marinade for 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 375°F. Place chicken breast, bone side down, on a baking pan.
- Spoon on a little extra marinade on top of each piece of chicken and then toss remaining marinade. Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken meat is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 45 to 55 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast meat should read 165°F.
- Cover chicken loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then serve. This ensures your chicken stays extra juicy.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Novice Chef at https://thenovicechefblog.com/the-best-baked-chicken-recipe/