• Prep and cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• cooking spray
• 3/4 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 2 tsps fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 ripe peeled avocado
• 8 small Bibb lettuce leaves
• 2 small ripe tomatoes, sliced
• 12 ounces tbsps chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 8 (1 ounce) whole-wheat slider buns, halved crosswise
• 2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat cut sides of buns with cooking spray. Place buns, cut sides down, in pan; cook 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Combine pork, parsley, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl, gently mixing with hands. Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/4-inch-thick patty. Lightly coat both sides of patties with cooking spray. Arrange patties in pan coated with cooking spray; cook 2 minutes. Turn patties over; top patties evenly with cheese. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Combine lemon juice and avocado in a bowl; mash avocado with a fork, and stir to combine. Spread avocado mixture evenly over bottom halves of buns. Place 1 patty on each bottom bun. Top each with 1 tomato slice and 1 lettuce leaf. Top with top halves of buns. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to myrecipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-sliders-smashed-avocado