• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
• 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian-style bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
• 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients. Shape mixture into 24 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Place 1 inch apart in pan.
- Bake uncovered 18 to 22 minutes or until temperature reaches 165°F and no longer pink in center.
• Instead of cooking the meatballs in the oven, drop them carefully into a wide, deep pot of marinara sauce. Gently simmer the sauce, partially covered, until the meatballs are cooked completely.
• For evenly-sized meatballs that will cook in the same amount of time, pat the meat mixture into a 6x4-inch square. Cut into 24 squares. Roll each square into a ball.
• Mix things up by substituting 1 pound lean ground turkey or chicken for the ground beef. (If using ground chicken, decrease milk to 2 tablespoons.) Bake until no longer pink in center and thermometer inserted in center reads 165°F.
This great family recipe is thanks to Betty Crocker. Recipes at https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/easy-meatballs/2959910f-1b27-438a-9085-d40b1950db20