Try this fantastic roast duck crown recipe with seasonal vegetables and a red wine and balasmic sauce.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: weight dependent
• 1 whole duck
For the sauce:
• 50g caster sugar
• 12 pitted cherries
• 400ml chicken stock
• 175ml glass of red wine
• 3 tbsps red wine vinegar
• tsp cherry or redcurrant jam (Optional)
- Cook the whole duck or crown as per pack instructions.
- While the duck is cooking place the sugar and red wine vinegar in a pan on a medium heat and reduce until you have a sticky caramel.
- Pour in the wine and the stock and reduce by 2/3.
- When you have the consistency you desire, add in the cherries.
- Taste and if it requires more sweetness, mix in the jam.
- Serve the sauce with your cooked duck.
This great family recipe is thanks to Gressingham Duck Recipes at https://www.gressinghamduck.co.uk/recipes/roast-duck-crown-with-red-wine-balsamic-sauce/