Check out this orzo salad recipe with spicy 'nduja pesto, crumbly feta and juicy prawns. Make this simple salad for an easy low calorie meal.
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• ½ lemon
• 100g orzo
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 50g feta, crumbled
• ¼ cucumber, diced
• ½ red pepper, diced
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 150g raw peeled prawns
• a handful basil, chopped
• 2 tsps Saclà 'nduja pesto
• ¼ red onion, finely chopped
• 10 pitted green olives, chopped
- Cook the orzo in boiling salted water until just tender, then rinse under cold water and drain.
- While the orzo is cooking, put the onion, pepper, cucumber and olives in a large bowl, season well and add the vinegar and 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Toss then add the drained orzo and toss again.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a pan, add the prawns and fry until pink. Add the ’nduja pesto, a squeeze of lemon and a good splash of water. Cook, stirring, until it bubbles up, then take off the heat.
- Divide the orzo salad between two plates, spoon over the prawns, then scatter over the feta. Drizzle everything with juices from the pan and top with basil.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine Recipes at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/quick-and-easy/nduja-prawns-with-orzo-feta-and-olive-salad/