The classic Italian caprese trio of fresh mozzarella, basil and tomatoes are the inspiration behind this couldn’t-be-easier cheese tortellini salad.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 10
• 1 cup basil pesto
• 1 1/2 tbsps olive oil
• 8 oz pearl mozzarella
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• fresh basil, thinly sliced for garnish
• 2 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
• 1 cup roasted bell peppers (from a jar), chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
• 2 packages cheese tortellini, prepared according to package instruction
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients up to a day ahead.
- When ready to serve, top with fresh basil.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/summer-tortellini-pasta-salad