Cooking kimchi with greens mellows the intensity while still delivering a ton of flavor. Swap out the kale for swiss chard, or mustard greens for something a bit spicier.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 ½ lb.)
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• ½ small bunch kale, ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped (about 3 ½ cups)
• 1 cup chopped kimchi
• 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear pork until golden brown on bottom side (do not turn), 5–8 minutes.
- Add kale, kimchi, and soy sauce to skillet and toss to coat. Transfer skillet to oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of tenderloin registers 140°, 10–15 minutes. Transfer pork to a cutting board and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve pork with kale mixture.
This great family recipe is thanks to Bon-appetit Recipes at https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pork-tenderloin-kale-kimchi