• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 60g butter
• 4 bread rolls
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 8 thick pork sausages
• wholegrain mustard, to serve
• 450g red cabbage, shredded, blanched
• 4 Granny Smith or Golden delicious apples
- Peel, core and slice apples into 1.5cm-thick rings. Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add half the apples. Cook for 4 minutes. Turn apples over. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes, or until apples are light golden and just tender. Repeat with remaining apples.
- Reduce heat to low. Return all apples to frying pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook, turning often, for 2 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages for 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly. Halve lengthways.
- Split rolls in half lengthways. Preheat grill on medium heat. Place rolls, cut-side up, onto grill tray. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Top roll bases with cabbage, apples, sausages and mustard. Cover with roll tops. Serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pork-sausage-apple-rolls/c674d0ef-d91c-4dc1-a291-e73085f96545