Huon Salmon with Texas Slaw
An old time classic, this fresh take on slaw will have the whole family asking for seconds! A great mid-week meal for the whole family and who doesn’t love a bit of bbq sauce!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 140g Fresh Huon Salmon Portions
• 1 Cup savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
• 1/2 Cup carrot, shredded
• 1 Cup spring onion, thinly sliced
• 1 Cup ranch dressing
• 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- Sprinkle each fresh Huon Salmon portion with sea salt directly onto the skin. Leave for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile combine the sliced cabbage, carrot and ½ cup spring onion with the ranch dressing
- Heat a large frypan with a little rice bran oil or spray. Place each salmon portion skin down and hold in place with a spatula for 15 seconds.
- Cook skin down for 1-2 minutes then turn over. Brush with BBQ sauce, reduce heat and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and rest for 3 minutes in a warm area.
- Serve each portion on the Texas slaw with remaining spring onion and Ranch dressing - alternatively serve with tempura onion rings and lime wedges
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-texas-slaw/