This recipe for one pot greek meatballs with lemon dill rice includes savory greek spiced beef meatballs, creamy Arborio rice and vegetables, all cooked together in a single pot!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 1/4 pounds ground beef (90% lean is best for this recipe)
• 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
• 1 clove of garlic , minced
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 1/2 cups Village Harvest Arborio Rice
• 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
• kosher salt and pepper to taste
• 2 zucchini , quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
• 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
• 1/4 cup fresh dill , minced
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- For the meatballs: Combine all of the meatball ingredients along with 1 tablespoon of water in a bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. Shape the meat mixture into balls that are 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Place the meatballs in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Pour the chicken broth and rice into the pan, along with 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the pan and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- Place the zucchini into the pan, cover and return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until zucchini has cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Stir the lemon juice and dill into the rice and place the cherry tomatoes on top. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/One-Pot-Greek-Meatballs-with-Lemon-Dill-Rice-2134136?prm-v1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seasonal&utm_campaign=One_Pot_Meals?prm-v1