• Prep time: 25 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 20
• 500g Fresh Huon Salmon
• 2 Spring onions
• 1/2 White onion - minced
• 1 Garlic Clove - minced
• 1 tbsp Olive Oil
• 2 tbsp Lemon juice
• 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
• 1/4 tsp Ginger - minced
• 100g Japanese (kewpie) mayonnaise
• 150g Crispy Shallots
• 2tbsp Wasabi paste (or Freshly grated if you can get it)
- To make the dressing combine, white onion, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and 30ml of chilly water into a bowl. Mix all ingredients and have a taste. The flavour should be tart and a little salty. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes then taste again.
- Slice Huon Salmon into sushi size pieces (quite thin) and marinate in mixture for 5 minutes.
- Once marinated remove from dressing and using a small bamboo skewer, wrap the fish around skewer to resemble a lollypop.
- Squeeze some wasabi mayo on top, garnish with crispy fried shallots and spring onions. For a great looking centre piece, serve lollypops on banana leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon-Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-lollypops/