Tangy, salty, and sweet, this colorful fennel salad is a natural match for succulent pork. It's also a great side dish for seared fish.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops
• 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
• 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 2 navel oranges
• 2 tsps honey
• 2 tsps white wine vinegar
• 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 large)
• 1/4 cup fennel fronds
• 1/3 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Peel and section oranges over a large bowl, reserving juice; add segments to bowl. Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, vinegar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper to bowl. Add fennel, fronds, and olives; toss gently to combine. Serve pork with salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to myrecipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-fennel-orange-olive-salad