How to marinate duck breast with honey and soy sauce. This sweet, sticky marinade is Hillfarm's favourite way to prepare Gressingham Duck. Use local Hillfarm honey to create a flavoursome dish that never fails to impress.
• Prep time: 2 hours
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 duck breasts
• 2 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar (I used Aspall)
• 2 tbps Hillfarm runny honey
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
• ½ a lemon grated zest
• tbps Hillfarm cold pressed rapeseed oil
- Score the duck breasts right through the skin, without cutting the meat beneath.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, and add the duck.
- Make sure the meat is completely covered, cover with clingfilm and leave to marinade at room temperature for 2 hours or in the fridge overnight.
- Heat a frying pan until hot, and place the duck breast in skin side. Cook until golden in colour before sealing the other side and placing onto a baking tray.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 210°C for 15 minutes, or slightly longer if you prefer it well done.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.
This great family recipe is thanks to Gressingham-Duck Recipes at https://www.gressinghamduck.co.uk/recipes/sticky-marinated-duck