Sticky Marinated Duck
How to marinate duck breast with honey and soy sauce. This sweet, sticky marinade is Hillfarm's favourite way to prepare Gressingham Duck. Use local Hillfarm honey to create a flavoursome dish that never fails to impress.
• Prep time: 2 hours
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 duck breasts
• 2 tbsp apple balsamic vinegar (I used Aspall)
• 2 tbps Hillfarm runny honey
• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
• ½ a lemon grated zest
• tbps Hillfarm cold pressed rapeseed oil
- Score the duck breasts right through the skin, without cutting the meat beneath.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, and add the duck.
- Make sure the meat is completely covered, cover with clingfilm and leave to marinade at room temperature for 2 hours or in the fridge overnight.
- Heat a frying pan until hot, and place the duck breast in skin side. Cook until golden in colour before sealing the other side and placing onto a baking tray.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 210°C for 15 minutes, or slightly longer if you prefer it well done.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.
This great family recipe is thanks to Gressingham-Duck Recipes at https://www.gressinghamduck.co.uk/recipes/sticky-marinated-duck