This salad celebrates spring with new season asparagus and baby potatoes. Matched with Huon Salmon, it’s quick to make and perfect for lunch or dinner.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 400g Fresh Huon Salmon
• 500g New baby potatoes
• 1 bunch Asparagus, cut into 3cm pieces
• 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
• 6 tbsp Olive oil
• 1 punnett Cherry tomatoes, halved
• 4 Eggs, hard boiled
• 2 tbsp Capers
- Cook the potatoes in salted water until soft, drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium sized fry pan over high heat and place Huon Salmon skin side down for 5 minutes until crispy, then turn and cook for another 3 minutes.
Remove the salmon onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the asparagus pieces in a little olive oil until they start to turn golden.
Remove from heat and set aside
- Make the dressing by mixing vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl or jar, season to taste.
- Halve or quarter the potatoes while still warm, then toss in a large bowl with tomatoes, asparagus and the dressing. Check the seasoning.
- To serve, divide the salad ingredients into four bowls, flake the salmon into bite size pieces and arrange on top.
Finally, add the halved boiled eggs and sprinkle with capers.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-asparagus-salad/?utm_source=The+HUON+salmon+club&utm_campaign=f6e9fd4b6a-October+EDM&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9ad52295cd-f6e9fd4b6a-365942245&goal=0_9ad52295cd-f6e9fd4b6a-365942245&mc_cid=f6e9fd4b6a&mc_eid=4dbd0c4a9f