Meaty, cheesy, moist, and crunchy: This 5-ingredient dish really delivers. Preheating the baking sheet is key to getting the breadcrumb coating crisp within the 20-minute timeframe. If you only have regular breadcrumbs, you can use those and add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder. The timing and ingredient amounts work with small, 2-ounce chicken cutlets. If your cutlets are larger, split them in half: Place each one flat on a cutting board, and place your nondominant hand flat on the breast. Holding a sharp knife parallel to cutting board, carefully split cutlet in half using short, swift strokes.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
• 8 (2-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 (1-oz.) slices lower-sodium ham, halved
• 3 ounces preshredded Swiss cheese (about 3/4 cup)
• 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in oven, and preheat oven to 500°F. (Do not remove baking sheet while oven preheats.)
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Brush cutlets with oil; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Top each cutlet with 1 piece of ham and 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese. Carefully roll cutlets, starting at the short end; secure with wooden picks.
- Place roll-ups, seam side down, on preheated baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 8 minutes. Increase heat to broil; broil until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion reads 165°F, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to Cooking Light Recipes at https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/crispy-chicken-ham-swiss-roll-ups