Great Northern Barramundi
This beautiful barramundi will take centre-stage at your Australia Day feast.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 tbsps water
• 1 tbsp canola oil
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• Plain flour, to dust
• 2 tbsps sambal oelek
• Lime wedges, to serve
• 2 tbsps fresh lime juice
• 2 skinless barramundi fillets
• Steam ed white rice, to serve
• Baby spinach leaves, to serve
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Cut the fish into thin slices. Place the flour in a medium bowl. Add the fish and toss to coat. Shake off any excess flour.
- Place the sambal oelek, lime juice, water, soy sauce and coriander in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add the fish and cook for 1 minute each side or until golden brown. Add the sambal oelek mixture and cook, covered, for 3 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Spoon the steamed rice among serving plates. Top with fish and drizzle with sauce. Serve with baby spinach leaves and lime wedges, if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/great-northern-barramundi/eede2e53-edb1-4763-bc3f-30a10c547b43