This healthy, meaty main uses lean pork fillets and is on the table in just 30 minutes - serve with your choice of grain.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 75ml maple syrup
• 150ml cider vinegar
• 2 tbsps coarse black pepper
• small bunch parsley, chopped
• 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
• 250g mixed basmati rice and wild rice
• 600g pork fillet, cut into 4cm-thick slices
- Boil the rice in plenty of water, following pack instructions, until cooked. Drain, return to the pot and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the meat on all sides with the black pepper and some salt. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Sear the meat on both sides until nicely browned. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil and the onion to the pan. Cook for 5 mins, then pour in the vinegar and let reduce for 1 min. Stir in the maple syrup, then return the pork to the pan and heat for 5 mins until cooked through. Serve the pork and sauce spooned over the rice and scattered with the parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/pork-sweet-sour-onion-sauce