Crumbed fish taco by Massimo Mele – need I say more.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 10
• 500g Huon Salmon fillet
• 60g Plain flour
• 2 Eggs - beaten
• 150g Japanese breadcrumbs
• Vegetable oil for frying
• 20 Small flour tortillas
• 1/2 Cup Red cabbage - shredded
• 1/2 Cup Carrot - shredded
• 4 tomatillos - roughly chopped
• 1/4 Cup Shallots - roughly chopped
• 2 Garlic Cloves - peeled and chopped
• 1 Jalapeno pepper - roughly chopped with seeds
• 1 Cup Mayonnaise
• 1 Cup Sour cream
• 1/2 bunch Fresh corriander - leaves
• 2 Limes - Juiced
• 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- crumbs will colour before the fish does.
Dip Huon Salmon into flour, shake off then place into beaten egg followed by the Japanese crumbs. Repeat the process until complete.
- To make the dressing combine all ingredients and blend until smooth and set aside.
- Place a pan on heat with vegetable oil. Once heated drop in the fish and cook for a minute on both sides.
- Lightly warm the tortilla in an oven, combine carrot and cabbage with half the dressing. Place a small handful of slaw in tacos, followed by a piece of fish and drizzle with extra dressing.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/fried-huon-salmon-tacos-avocado-and-tomatillo-dressing/