Fillets work well in these sandwiches. You can substitute tilapia or basa for catfish. Serve with coleslaw and vegetable chips.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Cooking spray
• 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
• 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
• 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
• 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
• 1 1/4 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
• 4 curly leaf lettuce leaves
• 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
• 8 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle fillets evenly with seasoning. Add fillets to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn over; cook 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place buns, cut sides down, in pan; cook 1 minute or until toasted. Remove from pan.
- Combine mayonnaise, shallots, mustard, and juice, stirring well. Line bottom half of each bun with 1 lettuce leaf; top each serving with 1 fillet and 1 tomato slice. Spoon 2 teaspoons relish on top of each tomato. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over cut side of each top half of buns; place on top of each sandwich.
This great family recipe is thanks to myrecipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/catfish-sandwiches-with-creole-mayonnaise