Warm Sausage and Lentil Salad with Goats Cheese
For a meal the whole family will enjoy try this delicious sausage and lentil salad tossed with goats cheese and lemon zest.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsps olive oil
• 1 lemon, zested
• 150g bacon, chopped
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 x 400g can brown lentils
• 1 celery stick, finely chopped
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
• 8 (560g) Any types of sausages you like
• 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
• 1 medium carrot, peeled, finely chopped
• 100g Meredith Dairy Marinated Goat Cheese
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Cook the bacon for 5 mins or until golden. Add the onion, celery, carrot and capsicum and cook for 5 mins or until vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add the lentils and vinegar. Cook for 5 mins or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir in the parsley. Season. Add the goat’s cheese and lemon zest. Toss gently to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook sausages, turning occasionally, for 5-8 mins or until cooked through.
- Divide the lentil braise among serving plates. Top with the sausages.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/warm-sausage-lentil-salad-goats-cheese/82b9610b-d930-4a37-88d8-6c8749fa942d