Southwest Style Cobb Salad with Smoky Chipotle Dressing
A smoky chipotle mayo and a little time on the grill transform classic cobb salad ingredients into our new favorite summertime dinner—a hearty Southwest-style Cobb salad.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 2 lbs. chicken breast
• 1 cup black beans, rinsed
• 1 cup Chipotle Mayonnaise
• 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 cup pepper jack cheese, cube
• 4 eggs, hard boiled, sliced in half
• 1/2 cup green onions, roughly chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
• 10 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
• 6 pieces thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
• 1 cup corn, cooked from a cob, warmed from frozen or drained from a can
For the Smoky Chipotle Dressing:
• 2 tsps honey
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
• 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
• 1/2 cup Chipotle Mayonnaise
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
• 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- In a small bowl or jar add all ingredients for the chipotle dressing, whisk until smooth and set aside. *Can be stored in an airtight container for 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Heat grill on high for 10 minutes. Dredge the chicken in 1 cup chipotle mayonnaise until completely coated. Generously season with freshly ground pepper and place on hot grill.
- Reduce heat to low and cook without turning for 5-8 minutes. Flip chicken and continue cooking, rotating frequently, until the internet temperature reads 165°F with an instant read thermometer. Remove from grill and set aside.
- To assemble the salad, simply layer all ingredients starting with the romaine lettuce. Thinly slice the chicken breasts and lay on top. Add dressing to the salad or serve on the side and enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/southwest-style-cobb-salad-with-smoky-chipotle-dressing