• Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsp vegetable oil
• 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 6 oz. x barramundi fillets
• 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
For Avocado Salsa:
• 1 orange
• 1 scallion
• 1 ripe avocado
• salt and pepper
• juice of 1/2 lime
• 1 red bell pepper
- Prepare the grill: Start by setting the grill up for cooking with direct high heat. Preheat the grill for 15 minutes, then clean the grill grate thoroughly. I turn all the burners to high and wait fifteen minutes. Then I brush the grate with my grill brush and wipe the grate with a paper towel dipped in vegetable oil.
- Prepare the barramundi: While the grill is preheating, sprinkle the barramundi filets with the salt and pepper, then rub with the vegetable oil.
- Prepare the avocado salsa: Cut the avocado into a ½" dice, and toss in a small bowl with the lime juice. Cut the red bell pepper into a ½" dice, section the orange, and dice the scallion. Add all these to the bowl with the avocado, and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the barramundi: Place the barramundi on the grill over direct high heat, flesh side down. Grill for three minutes, then gently work a spatula under the barramundi and flip skin side down. Grill for three more minutes, or until the barramundi is just opaque in the thickest part; I check by pushing along the natural seams with a paring knife. It is OK to let it cook longer on this side; the skin will protect the fish from burning. Once it is done, gently work a spatula under the barramundi and move to a platter.
- Serve: Spoon a heaping tablespoon of avocado salsa over each barramundi filet. Serve, passing any extra salsa at the table.
This great family recipe is thanks to Dad Cooks Dinner at https://www.dadcooksdinner.com/grilled-barramundi-with-avocado-orange-salsa/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly