Serve spicy tikka prawn skewers with a refreshing sweet mango raita for a summery starter.
• Prep time: 50 minutes
• Cook time: 2 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps lime juice
• 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
• 2cm piece ginger, grated
• 2 mangoes, flesh chopped
• 1/4 cup (60ml) sunflower oil
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 small red chilli, seeds removed
• 24 green prawns, peeled (tails intact)
• 1 cup (280g) thick Greek-style yoghurt
• 2 tsps garam masala (Indian spice mix)
• 2 tbsps chopped mint, plus extra to garnish
- Soak 24 bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes. Puree oil, lime, chilli, ginger, garlic and spices in a blender. Place in a snap-lock bag with prawns, toss to coat, then marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Thread prawns on skewers. Combine the yoghurt, mint and mango, reserving a little mango to garnish. Set raita aside.
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan on high heat. In batches if necessary, cook prawns for 2 minutes, turning, until cooked through. Serve with raita and extra mint.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/tikka-prawns-mango-raita/fa6cfe84-4168-4584-bb34-7449968f7241?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/group/sx8icie0