This ridiculously tasty roasted vegetable and sausage pasta is a make-ahead dinner not to pass!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 375g penne pasta
• basil leaves, to serve
• 1/4 cup (65g) toamto pesto
• 2 zucchini, sliced crossways
• 500g perino tomatoes, halved
• 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
• 500g pack diced butternut pumpkin
• 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
• 500g pack lamb sausages with fetta & rosemary, castings removed
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Arrange the pumpkin, zucchini and onion in a single layer on the lined tray. Drizzle with oil. Season. Roast for 25 mins or until golden and tender, adding tomato to the tray in the last 10 mins of cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup (125ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break into lumps, for 5 mins or until golden and cooked through. Add the roasted vegetables, pasta, pesto and reserved cooking liquid. Toss to combine.
- Divide pasta mixture evenly among serving bowls. Season. Sprinkle with the parmesan and basil leaves to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/roasted-vegetable-sausage-pasta-recipe/nkzg3xbx