Inspired by classic Indian chicken tikka masala, we dreamed up a soup recipe built around the iconic flavors of that dish. Say hello to a new weeknight favorite—chicken tikka masala soup! Add this easy, healthy soup recipe to your weekly dinner rotation and your family will thank you!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 tsp tumeric
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 2 tbsps coconut oil
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• 1-2 tsps kosher salt
• 1 small onion, diced
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk
• 1 tbsp garam masala spice mix
• 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
• 1 whole rotisserie chicken or 4 cups TMP shredded chicken
- Heat coconut oil over med-high heat in a heavy soup pot. Sauté the onion for 4 minutes then add garlic for 3 more minutes. Add cayenne pepper, garam masala, ginger, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon. Sauté for 3 minutes longer until spices are fragrant.
- Add to the pot, 2 cups of chicken stock, tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, or stand blender purée soup until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and add shredded chicken.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/tikka-masala-soup