Get ready to party with these crispy canapés. Perfect sweet potato rostis topped with cream cheese and Huon’s famous premium smoked salmon.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 egg
• oil for frying
• zest 1 lemon
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 250g cream cheese
• 2 tbsps poppy seeds
• 1/2 onion finely diced
• small bunch parsley chopped
• 2 potatoes peeled and grated
• 1 small sweet potato peeled and grated
• 100g Premium Huon Cold Smoked Salmon
- Squeeze as much liquid as possible from the grated potato (both types).
- Mix with onion, egg, lemon zest, parsley, and cream cheese. Use your hands to rub the cream cheese through the mixture.
- Put a small amount of oil in a frying pan. Spoon the mixture into the pan about 2 tablespoons worth per rosti. Cook like pikelets.
- When rosti’s are cooked spread cream cheese on each rosti and top with smoked salmon.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of poppy seeds and parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/sweet-potato-rostis-with-smoked-salmon/