I'm not the biggest curry fan but this is delicious! Lamb is tender, flavour is sweet and very moreish. Very easy to make too, just bubbles away.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 5 hours
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1kg diced lamb
• 1 large onion diced
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 3 tsp mild curry powder
• 1/2 tsp minced ginger
• 2 small green granny smith cooking apples, pealed, cored and diced
• 1/2 cup beef stock liquid
• 1/2 cup fruit chutney
• Cornflour to thicken
- Place all ingredients (except cornflour) into slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 2hrs then LOW for 3hrs (which is the same as 5hrs on auto).
- This dish would be ok cooked longer on just low also if you are not there to change it or wish it to cook all day.
- 1/2 hr prior to serving, mix 2-3 tbsp cornflour with 1 tbsp water to form a paste and stir through dish. Leave lid slightly ajar for that last half hour to thicken.
- Serve with creamy mashed potato or rice and crusty bread rolls.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly Recipes at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Sweet-Lamb-Curry-1567491#59ac74d2-ec53-4a2d-8ae7-4b7a3ec4763f