Thought radishes were just for salads? Think again - they add crisp texture and a touch of heat to a stir-fry.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 tbsps clear honey
• 2 tbsps sunflower oil
• zest and juice 2 limes
• 200g medium egg noodles
• 140g radishes, thinly sliced
• 450g pork fillet, thinly sliced
• 200g mangetout, cut into strips
• 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
• small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Whisk the honey and lime zest and juice together in a large bowl and season. Add the pork and mix well to coat in the marinade. Cover and chill for 10 mins.
- Cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water for 4 mins. Mix together the radishes, mangetout, carrot and coriander in a serving bowl. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Remove the pork from the marinade and add to the pan. Stir-fry for 3-5 mins, until golden and cooked through. Add the marinade to the pan and allow to bubble for 1 min.
- Drain the noodles and divide them between serving plates. Spoon the pork and all the pan juices over the vegetables and gently mix. Serve the noodles with the pork and vegetables.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sticky-pork-radish-noodles