This is a zesty, one-pan spin on the classic meat and potatoes dinner, our honey mustard chicken and vegetables makes for a super easy and healthy weeknight supper.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1/2 cup honey
• 3 tbsps olive oil
• 1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
• 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
• 1 cup shallots, roughly chopped
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (Optional)
• 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
• 1/2 lb. green beans washed and trimmed
• 2-3 sprigs rosemary, stems removed, chopped
• 1 lb. fingerling potatoes (approx. cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, make the honey-mustard sauce. Combine the Dijon mustard, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, apple cider vinegar and paprika. Stir until smooth.
- Lightly season the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large oven proof skillet or braiser over medium high heat. Sear the chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes each side. Remove from the skillet onto a plate.
- Add the shallots and fingerling potatoes along with the remaining olive oil into the braiser and toss to combine. Sprinkle with rosemary and place in oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add the green beans and chicken along with any juices to the pan.
- Continue cooking for another 15 minutes. Lastly, toss the chicken and veggies with the sauce and let it cook for 10-15 more minutes longer or until the chicken has reached 165°F with an instant-read thermometer.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/one-pan-honey-mustard-chicken-and-vegetables