Time to bring out the prawn cocktail. Load it into a big baguette for one-handed sandwich.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 avocado, mashed
• 6 slices flat pancetta
• 10 cooked, peeled prawns
• 1 sourdough baguette, split
• 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves picked
For cocktail sauce:
• 1 egg yolk
• 2 tsps Dijon mustard
• 1/4 tsp tabasco sauce
• 1 tbsp thickened cream
• 2 tsps white wine vinegar
• 1/3 cup (80ml) light olive oil
• 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce (ketchup)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- For sauce, whisk yolk, mustard and vinegar in a bowl until combined. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly, until thick. Whisk in remaining ingredients. Season and set aside.
- Place pancetta on a baking paper-lined baking tray. Cover with baking paper, weigh down with another tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp. Cool and chop.
- Spread avocado on bottom half of roll, add lettuce, prawns, sauce, pancetta and parsley. Add roll top and slice to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/prawn-cocktail-baguette/3f96f938-5cd8-44e7-a979-bca85055a50a?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/group/sx8icie0