Spice-Rubbed Steak and Warm Tomato Salad
A sizzling supper of seared steak and greens that gives maximum satisfaction – and it’s ready in minutes!
• Prep and cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 lemon
• 1 ripe tomato, sliced
• olive oil cooking spray
• 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
• 2 x 200gm Sirloin steaks
• 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
• handful rocket, spinach and watercress salad
• pinch cumin seeds, toasted in a dry frying pan and lightly crushed
- Rub the steak with the crushed cumin, zest of ½ lemon, salt and black pepper, then spray all over with the olive oil. Heat a griddle pan until hot, then sear the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest, then slice.
- Put the olive oil in a separate clean frying pan and warm on a low heat with the garlic, a pinch of sea salt and the juice of ½ lemon. Add the sliced tomato and warm gently for a few minutes.
- Toss the salad leaves with an extra squeeze of lemon and a little salt, then serve with the steak and the warm tomatoes alongside.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delicious Magazine at https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/spice-rubbed-steak-and-warm-tomato-salad/