This prawn and pasta meal can be whipped up in just over half an hour.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 5
• 375g linguine
• 1 tsp caster sugar
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
• fresh basil leaves to serve
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
• 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
• 20 (about 1kg) medium size king prawns
• 400g can Italian cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
• 1/2 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- Peel and de-vein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes, stock and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add prawns. Simmer for 5 minutes or until prawns are cooked through and tomato mixture has thickened slightly. Stir in basil. Add pasta to tomato mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with basil leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/chilli-prawn-basil-pasta/5a2abae5-a01c-4ed0-922c-1eedfba19d09?r=recipes/top50prawnrecipes&c=6teTW6Ub/Top%2050%20prawn%20recipes