• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• kosher salt
• freshly ground pepper
• 2 tsps smoked paprika
• 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 tbsps roughly chopped fresh parsley
• 4 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
• 2 large or 3 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
• 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs (5 to 6 thighs)
• 1 1/2 pounds large Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven. Place a large cast-iron baking dish or a rimmed baking sheet on the rack and preheat to 500 degrees F. Put the potatoes, garlic, olive oil, 1 tablespoon water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large microwave-safe baking dish and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap, pierce the plastic in a few places with a knife and microwave 8 minutes to partially cook.
- Meanwhile, pat the chicken dry and transfer to a bowl. Sprinkle with the paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add 2 tablespoons parsley and the lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Remove the hot baking dish from the oven; carefully add the potatoes and spread in an even layer. Scatter the onions on top. Roast until the potatoes start to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes and lay the chicken pieces on top, adding any accumulated juices from the bowl; return to the oven and roast until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 12 more minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. Serve with the lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/spanish-chicken-and-potato-roast-recipe-2119435