With a gorgeous golden brown crust and almost an entire head of broccoli in them, it’s hard to believe these Chicken Patties are BAKED, not fried! Once you start eating these, it’s hard to stop – they are just so, so good!
Serve this for dinner with crusty bread slathered with butter and a side salad. Or put out a platter with a dipping sauce as a starter to share!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 egg
• 3/4 tsp salt
• black pepper
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 500g / 1 lb. chicken mince
• 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
• 3/4 cup finely chopped shallots
• 1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded mozzarella
• 2 packed cups broccoli, soft cooked & finely chopped
For Yoghurt Ranch Sauce (Optional):
• 2/3 cup plain yogurt
• 1/4 tsp onion powder
• 1/2 garlic clove, minced
• 1 - 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• squeeze of lemon juice (Optional)
• 1/8 tsp each dried dill, parsley and chives
- Preheat oven to 200C/390F. Line a baking tray with baking paper (or spray with oil).
- Place Fritter ingredients in a bowl, mix to combine.
- Measure out about ¼ cup of mixture and pat into fritter shapes about 6 cm / 2.25" wide, 1cm / 2/5" thick (they shrink a bit and become thicker).
- Place on tray. Spray the top (generously) with oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip, spray with oil again then bake for a further 8 - 10 minutes until golden on top. Serve immediately with Sauce.
- Sauce: Mix ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for 20+ minutes.
This great family recipe is thanks to Recipe Tin Eats at https://www.recipetineats.com/baked-cheesy-broccoli-chicken-patties/