This Whole30 Coconut Lime Shrimp skillet is a delicious 15-minute meal! It is packed with protein, healthy fats, and a tangy citrus sauce. Serve it over cauliflower rice for a low carb / Whole30 option, or regular rice for just gluten free!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp water
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp lime zest
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 3 cloves minced garlic
• 1 tbsp coconut aminos
• 1 tsp arrowroot powder
• fresh cilantro, for garnish
• 1 can full fat coconut milk
• 1/2 tsp sea salt, more to taste
• 2 lbs. peeled & deveined shrimp, thawed if previously frozen
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet. Add the thawed shrimp and sprinkle them with some salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until they are pink and no longer opaque. Add in the garlic and stir for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add in the can of coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, coconut aminos, and salt and stir..
- Mix the arrowroot powder and water together in a small bowl and pour it into the pan. Stir everything together while cooking over medium heat. It will thicken quickly as it bubbles. Serve over coconut cilantro lime cauliflower rice, egular caulirice, zoodles, or jasmine rice (not Whole30). Garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to Mary's Whole Life at https://www.maryswholelife.com/whole30-coconut-lime-shrimp/