• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• kosher salt
• 3/4 pound bay scallops
• 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 12 ounces multigrain spaghetti
• 1 1-inch piece parmesan cheese rind
• 1/4 to 1/2 tsps red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
• 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, sliced plus more for topping
• 1 28-ounce can whole San Marzano tomatoes, crushed by hand
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic softens, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, parmesan rind, 1/2 cup water and half of the basil. Bring the sauce to a boil, then stir and reduce the heat to medium low; simmer 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- Increase the heat under the sauce to medium high, add the scallops and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque, about 5 minutes. Remove the parmesan rind, add the remaining basil and season with salt and more red pepper flakes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the sauce; toss. Divide the pasta among bowls, drizzle with olive oil and top with more basil.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network Recipes at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/spaghetti-with-spicy-scallop-marinara-sauce-recipe-2043127