A hit of vodka gives this classic a new edge. Serve with a shot of vodka for full effect.
• Prep time: 15 minutes, No need to cook
• Yield: Serves 6
• 3 tsps vodka
• 6 slices smoked salmon
• salmon caviar (Optional)
• 200ml tub crème fraîche
• few small, torn dill sprigs
• 2 tsps hot horseradish sauce
• 250g pack small, cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), thinly sliced, then shredded
- Beat the crème fraîche with the vodka and a little seasoning until it holds its shape, then stir in the horseradish. Chill in the fridge.
- Lay the slices of salmon over plates, then top with the beetroot and a spoonful of the crème fraîche. Top with the salmon caviar, if using, then scatter with the dill. Grind over some black pepper and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/smoked-salmon-beetroot-vodka-creme-fraiche