Smoked Paprika Meatballs with Tomato Sauce
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 500g beef mince (makes 20)
• ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
• 1 tbsp milk
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 small onion, grated
• 2 tsps smoked paprika
• 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
• ¼ cup white wine
• 400g tin chopped tomatoes
• pinch saffron threads
• ½ tsp sugar
• 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Mix the beef, breadcrumbs, milk, garlic, onion and smoked paprika together with salt and pepper and roll into 20 balls. Place onto a tray in a single layer and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place the oil into a wide lidded frying pan set over a moderately high heat. Fry the meatballs for 5 minutes or until coloured.
- Add the wine and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, saffron and sugar, adjust the heat to a simmer and place a lid on for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a serving dish, top with the chopped parsley and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Beef Recipes at https://www.australianbeef.com.au/recipes/smoked-paprika-meatballs-with-saffron-and-tomato-sauce/#