• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 lamb mini roasts (about 250g each)
• 4 cm piece ginger, finely grated
• ¼ cup roughly chopped coriander
• 2 tbsps sesame seeds, toasted
• 2 tsps sesame oil
• 1 tbsp salt reduce tamari or soy sauce
• 1 tbsp mirin
• 1 small green pear, coarsely grated
• Chargrilled pumpkin, to serve
Green Pear Salad:
• 3 baby red radishes, thinly sliced
• 1 green pear, thinly sliced
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 cup shredded wombok
• ½ cup mint & coriander leaves
• 75g (½ cup) roasted cashews, roughly chopped
• 1-2 limes, halved, plus extra wedges, to serve
• Extra Sesame oil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). Place ginger, coriander root, sesame seeds, sesame oil, tamari, mirin and pear in a small food processor; process until chopped and combined. Coat the lamb mini roasts with the Bulgogi marinade; season to taste. Place on a wire rack over an oven tray; roast for 25 to 30 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Alternatively, if time permits, coat lamb and marinate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, place radishes, pear, onion, wombok, herbs and cashews in a large bowl, squeeze over lime juice and drizzle with extra sesame oil; season to taste and toss to combine.
- Remove lamb mini roasts from oven, cover loosely with foil and stand for 10 minutes before carving, to serve.
- Divide salad among plates and top with sliced Lamb Bulgogi. Serve with extra lime wedges and roasted sweet potato.
- Bulgogi, which translates to ‘fire meat’ … is a Korean dish that usually consists of grilled marinated beef. In this recipe we add our own little modern twist to the traditional Korean marinade and turn it into a paste and use lamb mini roasts instead of beef; a nice cultural change to a Sunday roast.
- The pear in the Bulgogi marinade will tenderise your lamb the longer you leave it marinade for.
- If time permits, marinade you lamb for 3-4 hours or overnight.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Lamb Recipes at https://www.australianlamb.com.au/recipes/korean-style-lamb-mini-roasts-with-green-pear-salad/#