This Skagen Toast is super quick to make, why not try it as a simple starter. It's really easy and makes a nice, sophisticated change to a prawn cocktail.
• Prep and cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2 (serve as a appetizer)
• 1/2 lemon
• white pepper
• fish roe to serve
• 2 tbsps soured cream
• 200g cooked, peeled small prawns
• 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
• brioche or sourdough or slices or butter or toasted
• 1/2 tbsp dill chopped to make, plus a little to decorate
Method: Put the prawns and onion in a bowl and add the mayonnaise and soured cream. Season with a squeeze of lemon juice, some white pepper and salt. Leave for 5 minutes and then stir in the dill. Pile onto the toasts and decorate with roe and dill.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/skagen-toast/