Chicken Teriyaki is a Japanese dish with savory and sweet teriyaki sauce. This is the best chicken Teriyaki recipe that calls for only 4 ingredients. So easy!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• white sesame seeds for garnishing (Optional)
• 1 lb (approx. 0.4kg) chicken thighs, deboned, skin-on
For teriyaki sauce:
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1/3 cup Japanese mirin (sweet rice wine)
• 2 tbsps soy sauce, low sodium preferred
- Lightly season both sides of the chicken thighs with pinch of salt. Combine all the ingredients of the Teriyaki Sauce in a sauce pan. On low heat, simmer and reduce it to a thicker consistency, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat up a non-stick skillet on high heat. Pan-fry the chicken thighs (skin-side down first) until both sides are nicely browned and cooked through. The skin should be pan-fried to a crackly crispy texture. Turn off the heat, transfer the chicken out. Let cool. Slice the chicken thighs into pieces and drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the chicken. Garnish with the sesame seeds, if using. Serve immediately with warm steamed rice.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/chicken-teriyaki/