Simple Pan Seared Scallops
With just five simple ingredients, this dish is a snap to whip up. The wholesome dish will please family members and dinner guests.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 lemon cut into wedges
• 1/4 tsp kosher or sea salt
• 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp coconut oil
• 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
• 1 pound scallops wild caught preferred, side-muscle removed, rinsed and patted dry
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Pour oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- After a few seconds, once oil is shimmering but not smoking (remove pan from heat briefly if smoking), add scallops so they are not touching.
- Sear scallops for about 2 minutes on one side. Turn and repeat. Scallops should be golden brown on the outside, slightly firm, and can have some translucency in the centers.
- Serve with lemon wedges and vegetables or over a simple whole wheat pasta. Enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to SkinnyMs at https://skinnyms.com/simple-pan-seared-scallops-recipe/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly