An incredibly easy salmon burger that will satisfy those take-out cravings. You can include any of your favourite toppings, make it your own! Just make sure you use good quality burger buns.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• pickle to serve (Optional)
• 1/2 cup (150g) mayonnaise
• 1 red cabbage, thinly sliced
• 40g cornichons, finely chopped
• 4 Huon Salmon portions, skin on
• 1 ripe avocado, mashed til smooth
• 1 tsp olive oil, plus and extra splash
• 4 soft burger buns, halved and buttered
• juice from 1/2 lemon (about 1 1/2 tbsps)
• 2 tbsps salted capers, well-rinsed and chopped
• 1/4 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- For tartare sauce, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Pop in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Add the cabbage to a bowl and toss with lemon juice and olive oil, season to taste.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan on medium and quickly toast the buns, butter side down until the edges start to colour. Set aside while you cook the salmon.
- Season the salmon portions. Add the extra splash of olive oil to the pan, increase heat to high and cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Leaving a little pink on the inside is best for a juicy burger.
- Spread a thick smear of tartare on the base of the buns, break the salmon into chunks and spread over the tartare. Top with the cabbage and then lid on top. Serve at once with a pickle to the side.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-burger-with-avocado-tartare-sauce/