Seared Scallops with Pink Grapefruit-Brown Butter Sauce are ready in just 30 minutes and are pan-tastic! Just sear scallops in a skillet, and then pour on the flavor with our brown butter-citrus sauce.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 large pink grapefruit
• 1 tsp all-purpose flour
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
• 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
• 12 to 16 ounces large sea scallops (about 10)
- Peel grapefruit, and cut into sections with a knife. Squeeze rind and remaining pulp to yield 1/4 cup juice.
- Cook butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until it turns a golden color and smells nutty. Stir in flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually stir in grapefruit juice. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in grapefruit segments and 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper. Pour into a bowl; cover and keep warm.
- Sprinkle scallops with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each sea salt and black pepper. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add scallops, and sear 3 minutes on each side or until scallops are browned.
- Drizzle scallops with grapefruit sauce; sprinkle with chives.
This great family recipe is thanks to Coastal Living Recipes at https://www.coastalliving.com/syndication/seared-scallops-pink-grapefruit