• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1 tbsp peanut oil
• 2 tsps lemon juice
• 1 tbsp sambal oelek
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2cm piece fresh ginger, grated
• 40 uncooked medium king prawns
• 415gm can whole peeled tomatoes
• 1 large brown onion, chopped finely
• 1 medium red capsicum, chopped finely
• 10cm stick fresh lemongrass, chopped finely
- Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- Heat oil in wok; stir-fry onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass, stirring, until onion is soft.
- Add undrained crushed tomatoes, sambal, juice, sugar and capsicum; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens.
- Add prawns; stir-fry until prawns just change colour.
This great family recipe is thanks to Women's Weekly Food Recipes at https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/prawn-sambal-3825