This Seared Scallops and Cauliflower Rice Risotto recipe is my quick, keto-friendly take on one of my favorite restaurant meals! It features pan seared sea scallops and you might enjoy on a date night or special occasion. Plus it takes just 30 minutes.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
For Seared Scallops:
• 2 tbsps butter
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 1 lb. scallops, can be fresh or frozen or substitute
For Cauliflower Risotto:
• 3 tbsps butter
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 tsp Natural Ancient sea salt
• 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
• 1 cup broccoli florets, cut into small chunks (Optional)
• 1 lb. package of riced cauliflower (4 cups of riced cauliflower)
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, keep the green tips to use as a garnish
• 1 cup organic heavy whipping cream, it has fewer ingredients and carbs than non-organic brands
- Bring a medium skillet to medium heat.
- Add salted butter, garlic, broccoli florets, and green onions to the skillet and cook until the broccoli pieces start to turn bright green (~3 minutes).
- Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet and continue to cook until the riced cauliflower is almost tender (~3 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until the parmesan cheese is well incorporated. Lower the heat so that the rice does not stick and cook until the cauliflower rice reaches your desired level of tenderness. Turn off the heat.
- Pat the scallops with a paper towel. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top (about 1/4 tsp of each if you’re not sure about sprinkling).
- Bring a frying pan to medium heat.
- Add butter and olive oil and wait for it to start to bubble.
- Add scallops to the pan and cook for 2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and pan so that they do not continue to cook.
- Add a large spoon of risotto to a plate. Top with scallops, green onions, and melted butter if you are being extra fancy.
This great family recipe is thanks to DR. DAVINAH'S Eats at https://drdavinahseats.com/recipes/seared-scallops-keto-cauliflower-risotto?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly