We’ve given you the option to choose which route you take with these easy burgers. Go 50/50 and try our beef and bean recipe or, if you want to go completely meat-free, swap the beef for an extra can of kidney beans, a mashed sweet potato and a handful of fresh breadcrumbs.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsps paprika
• oil for brushing
• 300g beef mince
• grated zest 1 lemon
• 5 tbsps mayonnaise
• 4 seeded burger buns
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard to taste
• 6 spring onions, roughly chopped
• 50g sliced gherkins, plus extra to serve
• 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• mixed baby salad leaves or lettuce to serve
- Whizz together the beans, beef, spring onions, lemon zest, paprika and 1 tbsp mayonnaise in a food processor. Season, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions, then use your hands to form into burgers.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, toast the buns, then set aside. Brush each burger with oil, then griddle for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Mix the remaining mayo, mustard and 50g gherkins in a bowl and season with black pepper. Serve the burgers in the buns with the mayo, salad leaves and extra gherkins.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delicious Magazine at https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/beef-bean-burgers/