Be sure the liquid in the pan covers the minced garlic. If the pan is too dry, the garlic could scorch under the intense broiling heat.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1/2 tsp salt
• French bread
• 1/3 cup dry white wine
• 3 garlic cloves, pressed
• 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
• 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
• 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
• pinch of dried crushed red pepper
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1 pound large peeled and deveined prawns
• 1 pound sea scallops (slice in half if more than 1 inch thick)
- Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches away from element. Place butter in a large roasting pan, and place pan in oven just until butter melts.
- Remove pan from oven, and stir in wine and next 6 ingredients. Add shrimp, scallops, and tomatoes, tossing to coat.
- Return pan to oven, and broil 3 minutes. Stir shrimp and turn scallops; broil 2 more minutes. Remove pan from oven, and add spinach, tossing about 1 minute or until slightly wilted. Serve with French bread.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/broiled-shrimp-scallops