Shish Kebabs (aka skewered cubes of meat), make the tastiest weeknight dinner. Packed with flavour and delicious alongside some warm flatbread, you're in for a taste sensation! LOVE SHISH? You should try to make by using chicken and beef as well.
• Prep time: marinade for minimum 2 hours, ideally overnight
• Cook time: 10 - 12 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp chili flakes
• 700g diced lamb
• zest of 1/2 lemon
• 150g plain yogurt
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• flatbreads to serve
• 1 tsp sweet paprika
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• fresh parsley, to serve
• little gem lettuce, to serve
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- In a large bowl, mix together the yoghurt with the spices, grated onion, garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Add the diced lamb and mix well. Marinade for a minimum of 2 hours, but ideally overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat your ridged grill pan or barbecue. If using the grill pan wipe a little oil onto the pan with kitchen roll to stop lamb pieces from sticking. Thread the lamb onto metal skewers.
- Grill the kebabs for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until charred and cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with flatbreads and little gem lettuce.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delish at https://www.delish.com/uk/cooking/recipes/a36227265/lamb-shish-kebab/